TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023: TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern must be understood well by the candidates. We have shared TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 in this post. Candidates can also download TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 PDF through the link given below. Village Administrative Officer, Typist, Steno-typist, Junior Assistant and other posts are all part of TNPSC Group 4. The subjects covered in the examinations will be Tamil, General Studies and Mental Ability. Read the complete article to get more details about TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus Overview
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will release the comprehensive TNPSC Group 4 notification for TSPSC Group 4 vacancies in November 2023. If you are looking for TNPSC Group 4 Vacancies then you must know the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for preparation. Highlights of TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 can be found here.
|TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023|
|Organization||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|post name||group 4|
|Social class||Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
|Topics covered in TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus||Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test (SSLC Standard), General Studies (SSLC Standard) Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)|
|Selection Process||Written Examination and Document Verification|
|types of questions||mcq based|
|method of examination||offline|
|negative marking||no negative marking|
TNPSC Group 4 2023 Exam Pattern
Before knowing in depth about TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus, all the candidates must first review the exam pattern. Group 4 selection completely depends on written examination. The exam will last for three hours and will have 200 questions. All questions are multiple choice (MCQ) in nature. All parts will be objective and the level will be 10th only. The TNPSC Group 4 exam paper consists of three subjects, namely:
|type of exam||subjects||number of questions||Mark||Duration||minimum qualifying marks|
|objective type||Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test* (SSLC Standard)||100||150||3 hours||90 (for all communities)|
|General Studies (SSLC Standard)||75||150|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)||25|
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 Subject Wise
The TNPSC Group 4 exam consists of the following sections: General Studies Aptitude and Mental Ability Test, Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test, and Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test. There will be two types of questions in the exam. Candidates will have to appear for one paper, depending on which language they want to learn.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus for General Studies
General Studies is one of the most prevalent sections in all government examinations across the country, especially the Public Service Commissions. TNPSC Group 4 General Studies subjects are as follows:
- current events
- indian polity
- Indian National Movement
- Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- History, culture, heritage and socio-political movements of TN
subjects for general science
Physics, chemistry, biology and zoology are the four major branches of general science. The updated TNPSC Group 4 General Science syllabus is explained here.
- nature of the universe
- measurement of physical quantities
- general scientific laws in motion
- force, pressure and energy
- Daily Application of Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Electricity, Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat and Nuclear Physics in our daily life.
- elements and compounds
- acid, alkali, salt
- Petroleum products
- food adulterants
- Main concepts of life sciences
- Classification of living organisms
- health and hygiene
- Human disease.
- Environmental Science
Topics for current affairs and general awareness
The questions asked in Current Affairs and General Awareness are increasingly interconnected. Nowadays, all the questions from General Knowledge area are on current events in the country and around the world.
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Guptas, Sultans of Delhi, Mughals and Marathas
- south indian history
- Features of Indian culture
- Unity in Diversity – Race, Colour, Language, Customs
- India as a secular state
Latest Events Calendar
Famous people and places in the news
Sports Writers and Books
Government welfare schemes, political parties and political systems in Tamil Nadu and India.
Latest breakthroughs in science and technology
landmarks on the map
Current Socio-Economic Concerns
- Constitution of India: Preamble of the Constitution
Constitutional Highlights: Union, State and Territory Citizenship: Rights and Duties
- Fundamental Duties and Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Union Executive, Union Legislative Assembly
- State Governor, State Legislature
- local authority
- Panchayat Raj System
- spirit of federalism
- Relations between center and state
- Elections – Judiciary of India – Rule of law
- corruption in government
- anti corruption policies
- Lokayukta and Lokpal
- get information
- women empowerment
- Consumer Protection Forum
- human rights charter
- earth’s place
- Physical Features- Monsoon, Rainfall, Weather and Climate
- Water Resources – Rivers
- Soil, Minerals and Natural Resources
- forests and wild life
- agricultural pattern
- Population density and distribution in Tamil Nadu and India.
- disaster management
- Climate change
- nature of indian economy
- Five Year Plan Model – An Assessment
- Planning Commission
- policy commission
- Sources of Revenue – Reserve Bank of India
- Finance Commission
- Resource sharing between the Union and State Governments
- goods and services Tax
- Economic Trends – Employment Generation, Land Reforms and Agriculture
- Application of science and technology in agriculture
- industrial development
- rural welfare oriented programs
- social problems
- Population, Education, Health, Employment, Poverty
Indian National Movement
- national renaissance
- Early rebellion against British rule
- Indian National Congress
- Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Thanthai Periyar, Jawaharlal Nehru,
Rabindranath Tagore, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Rajaji, Subhash Chandra Bose, Muthulakshmi Ammaiyar,
Muvlur Ramamirtham and other national leaders.
- Various methods and movements of Tamil Nadu.
Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Social justice and social harmony as the cornerstone of socio-economic development
- Education and health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on economic development.
History, culture, heritage and socio-political movements of TN
- History of Tamil society, related archaeological discoveries, Tamil literature from the Sangam era to contemporary times.
- Thirukkural- importance as a secular literature, relevance in everyday life, impact of Thirukkural on humanity, Thirukkural and universal values – equality, humanism etc., relevance in socio-political-economic matters, philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Tamil Nadu’s role in the freedom struggle
- Early movement against British rule
- Role of women in freedom struggle
- Various social reformers, social reform movements and social transformation of Tamil Nadu
Syllabus for Aptitude Mental Ability Test
The following paragraphs go through the qualifying examination and mental ability course:
- TO PERCENTAGE
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiplier (LCM)
- Ratio and Proportion.
- simple interest
- compound interest
- time and work
- logical reasoning
- visual logic
- alpha numeric reasoning
- number series
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 PDF
Interested candidates can download TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2023 PDF through the link given here.
sharing is Caring!