SSC Stenographer 2023
SSC Stenographer 2023: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the SSC Stenographer Online Application dates and exam dates at the official website @ssc.nic.in. The SSC Stenographer online application begins on 2nd August 2023 and the last date to apply is 23rd August 2023. Candidates who are 12th pass and are within the age limit can apply on the SSC website.
As per the latest SSC notice, the SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam is scheduled to be conducted on the 12th and 13th of October 2023. Through SSC Stenographer 2023 recruitment the selected candidate is placed in the Group C and D Non-gazetted posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. In this article, we have discussed SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam in detail. Read below for more.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification: As per the SSC Stenographer Notice released by the SSC, according to the new official notice the SSC Stenographer Exam 2023 will be held on the 12th and 13th of October 2023 Candidates can check all the details related to SSC Stenographer 2023 like notification, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, etc are given below so bookmark the page for the relevant information.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification PDF
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification PDF: SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification will be published on its official website. The detailed SSC Stenographer 2023 notification advertisement will be available here below in the article.The details are provided in the Notification PDF.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Overview
SSC Stenographer 2023 Application and exam dates have been released for Group C and D posts on its official website. The candidates can go through the table below for an overview of the SSC Stenographer 2023.
|SSC Stenographer 2023 – Overview|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Name||SSC Stenographer 2023|
|Post Name||Grade C and D officers|
|Registration Dates||2nd August 2023 – 23rd August 2023|
|Exam Date||12th & 13th October 2023|
|Selection process||Written Exam, Skill Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based Test) and Skill Test|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Important Dates
The SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification has been rolled out conveying the important dates to apply for the post of SSC Stenographer 2023 along with other important details. Let’s have a look at the important dates for SSC Stenographer 2023 for Group C and D officers.
|SSC Stenographer 2023 Important Dates|
|SSC Stenographer Notification Date||2nd August 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Start Date||2nd August 2023|
|SSC Stenographer Online Application Last Date||23rd August 2023|
|Last date for making fee payment (Online)||To be released|
|Last date for making fee payment (Offline)||To be released|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges
||To be released|
|SSC Stenographer Admit Card Release date||To be released|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date for Grade C and D officers||12th & 13th October 2023|
SSC Stenographer Vacancy 2023
The vacancy for SSC Stenographer 2023 has not been released on its official website. The official SSC Steno vacancy details will be released along with the official notification and it will be updated here.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Apply Online
The Apply Online link for the SSC Stenographer 2023 will be activated for all the eligible candidates along with the release of the official notification. Eligible and interested candidates are advised to submit the application form within the allotted days as no forms will be accepted or considered by the commission once the window is closed. The candidates can apply for the posts from the official website or from the direct link provided below from 2nd August 2023 to 23rd August 2023.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Apply Online Link (Inactive)
SSC Stenographer 2023 Online Application Fee
The SSC Stenographer application fee for all the categories is stated below. Candidates applying for SSC Stenographer 2023 are required to submit the application fee in order to complete their application form.
How to Apply Online for SSC Stenographer 2023?
Follow the given steps to submit the SSC Stenographer Application form 2023
- Click on the official link, provided above.
- Then click the Registration Part Section.
- After this, fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form.
- Ensure to enter personal, professional, and basic information in the form and press submit button.
- Then upload the scanned photo, signature as well as a certificate in the form.
- After registration gets over, you will be provided with the registration ID as well as a password on your phone or else to your email address.
- Suppose you are registered then there is hardly any need for an OTR form. You can simply sign in and enter the registered address as well as the password.
- After doing this, click on apply button. Download SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2024 official notification page.
- Make sure for reading the carefully and collect complete details.
- Ensure to fill out the application form having complete details along with this attached scanned photo and sign.
- Then comes the payment of the application form.
- Before form submission, check the details carefully and then submit the form.
- Take a printout of the application form for further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must know all the eligibility criteria required for the SSC Stenographer 2023 for the various posts. The eligibility criteria are described below.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Education Qualification
A candidate is required to be at least a 12th pass from a recognized Board or University. He/She must be able to produce the required documents when asked for verification after qualifying for the SSC Stenographer Exam.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Age Limit
A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-30 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade C exam. A candidate must lie in the age domain of 18-27 years to be eligible for the SSC Stenographer Grade D exam.
|Category||Upper Age Limit/Age Relaxation|
|PwD (unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof||3 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as of the closing date for receipt of online applications.||40 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST )||40 years|
SSC Stenographer 2023 Selection Process
SSC or Staff Selection Commission conducts a Stenographer exam every year in 2 different stages, a Written Test and a Shorthand Skill Test
- The candidate must qualify for both stages of examination to receive the appointment letter for the post of Stenographer Grades C and D.
- Candidates qualifying for the written test will have to appear for the shorthand test which is qualifying in nature.
- The entire recruitment process is explained through the SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2023
SSC Stenographer Exam will be conducted in 2 different stages to select eligible candidates. The first level is the Grade C and D written exam that consists of MCQs and is conducted online. Post this exam, an exam to test your shorthand skill sets in various domains. The various sections in the SSC Stenographer Grade C and D Written Exams are:
SSC Stenographer 2023 Qualifying Criteria
The candidates will first have to secure a cut-off set by the SSC to qualify for the shorthand stage.
- The qualifying marks are different for the written test of Stenographers in Grades C and Grade D.
- The candidates qualifying for the written test will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test.
- The shorthand skill test is qualifying in nature.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the written test.
The Qualifying criteria for the shorthand skill test are given below for SSC Stenographers Grade C and Grade D.
|Permissible Mistake out of total words|
|Category||Grade C||Grade D|
SSC Stenographer 2023- Marking Scheme
- The time duration for SSC Stenographer Exam is 2 hours.
- The total no. of questions will be 200 of 200 marks.
- 1 mark will be given for every correct answer.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response by the candidate.
- No marks will be awarded/deducted for unattempted questions.
- There will be negative marking in the shorthand skill test for the use of every incorrect word.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2023
To qualify for SSC Stenographer, it is important to know the detailed Syllabus of the SSC Stenographer. The major topics are General Awareness, General Intelligence/Reasoning, and the English Language, at which a candidate needs to score well for Paper 1 of the SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam. For Paper-2, i.e. Skill sets, dictated words are to be written by the candidates:
The topics in each Section are:
SSC Stenographer Salary 2023
SSC Stenographer Notification states the pay scale of 9300-34800 (for Grade C) and the pay scale of 5200-20200 (for Grade D).
The following allowances are included in the SSC Stenographer’s Salary:
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Transport Allowance
SSC Stenographer Preparation Tips
- General Awareness Section: Learn from Static GK, awards and monuments, history, etc. Refer to GK Capsules to get acquainted with recent updates.
- English Language and Comprehension: Learn from our specially designed study notes for Comprehension and Vocabulary. Focus on error correction and reading comprehension to clear this section.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Search from the list of E-Books available on the Adda247 Store to learn about different topics asked in this section.
- Test Series: Give as many relevant Mock Test Series as you can to refine your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2023.
- Classroom Program: You can also select relevant courses from our Offline Classroom Program and enroll yourself today to accelerate your preparation for SSC Stenographer 2023.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Result
SSC will release the date for the Result of the SSC Stenographer Exam on its official site. The details Steno Result Date can be checked from the link.
- SSC Stenographer results will be first declared for the Written Test which comprises the objective test.
- Candidates who clear the written exam will be eligible to appear for the shorthand skill test which will be qualifying in nature.
- The result of the Skill Test will be declared after the same has been conducted by the Staff Selection Commission of India.
SSC Stenographer Result 2023
The SSC Stenographer Result 2023 will be released on the official website @ssc.nic.in. Candidates can check their results by logging in with their registration ID and password provided at the time of registration. The link to download the SSC Stenographer Result will be activated here.
SSC Stenographer 2023 Resolution of Tie Cases
In the event of a tie in scores of candidates in Tier-I examinations, merit will be decided by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Total marks in the Tier I Examination.
- Date of birth, with the older candidates, placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in which the first names of the candidates appear.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Cut Offs’
The cut-off for SSC Stenographers is given along with the result. You may have a look at the cut-off for the past years.
Candidates shortlisted for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2017: 8469
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
Stenographer Grade ‘D’ 2016 Cut Off (Written Exam)
SSC Stenographer 2023 Exam Center
SSC Stenographer 2023 will be conducted at various centers all across the country. The Exam centers are allotted as per the choice filled up by a candidate while filling out his/her SSC Stenographer form. The Skill Test will also be conducted at various centers all across the country.
|Examination Centers &
|SSC Region and
States/ UTs under
the jurisdiction of
|Address of the Regional
Bareilly(3005), Gorakhpur(3007) ,
|Central Region (CR)/
Bihar and Uttar
|Regional Director (CR),
21-23, Lowther Road,
(WB)(4403), Chinsurah (4405),
Sambalpur(4609), Port Blair (4802)
|Eastern Region (ER)/
The Nicobar Islands,
Sikkim and West
|Regional Director (ER),
1st MSO Building,(8th
|Regional Director (KKR),
The commission, 1st Floor,
“E” Wing, Kendriya
|Dy. Director (MPR),
J-5, Anupam Nagar,
|Northern Region (NR)/
NCT of Delhi,
|Regional Director (NR),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12,
CGO Complex, Lodhi
Road, New Delhi-110003
Dodda (1009), Hamirpur(1202),
Shimla(1203), Bathinda (1401),
and Kashmir and
|Dy. Director (NWR),
Block No. 3, Ground
Floor, Kendriya Sadan,
|Southern Region (SR)/
|Regional Director (SR),
Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK
College Road, Chennai,
Nagpur(7205), Nanded (7206),
Dadra and Nagar
Haveli, Daman and
Diu, Goa, Gujarat
|Regional Director (WR),
The commission,1st Floor,
101, Maharshi Karve
|Regional Director (NER),
Road, P. O. Assam
SSC Stenographer 2023 Notification – FAQs
Q1. What is the SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2023?
Ans. The SSC Stenographer Exam date will be held on 12th & 13th October 2023.
Q 2. What is the Selection Process for SSC Stenographer 2023?
Ans. The candidate’s final selection will be based on the marks secured by him/her in the written test. However, he/she will have to qualify for the written test and the shorthand skill test.
Q 3. Is there any negative marking on the SSC Stenographer 2023 examination?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for wrong answers.
|Back to Home –||Click here|
- WhatsApp Group – Join Now
- Telegram Group – Join Now
- Subscribe YouTube Channel – Click Here
- Follow on Instagram – Click Here
- Follow on Twitter – Click Here