ssc cpo selection process 2023
SSC CPO Selection Process 2023: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC CPO exam every year. Lakhs of candidates appear for the SSC CPO exam to fulfill their aspirations of getting a government job. It is very important to know the selection process which comes in mind after completing the application process.
SSC CPO selection process consists of 4 stages namely Paper 1, PET/PST, Paper 2 and Medical Examination, and all the stages are qualifying in nature. Read the article below for details on SSC CPO Selection Process 2023.
ssc cpo selection process
once you are accepted with ssc cpo According to the selection process you can start the preparation. Have a look at the selection process mentioned below.
- Paper 1 Written Exam
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)/ Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Paper 2 Written Exam
- medical examination
ssc cpo exam pattern 2023
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023 is mentioned below.
- The questions asked in both Paper-1 and Paper-2 of SSC CPO 2023 will be objective multiple choice type.
- The questions asked will be bilingual, i.e. both in Hindi and English.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC CPO 2023 exam will be conducted in three phases:
|Tier||Type Of examination|
|first level||objective multiple choice|
|PET/PST||Running, Long Jump, High Jump and Short Put|
|second tier||objective multiple choice|
final merit list will be tabulated on the basis of Candidate’s performance in all the three phases ssc cpo exam
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023 – Paper I
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023 for Paper 1 is detailed below.
- The exam will be objective multiple choice type.
- There will be a deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|part a||common sense and logic||50||50 marks||2 hours|
|part b||General Knowledge & General Awareness||50||50 marks|
|part c||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50 marks|
|part d||english comprehension||50||50 marks|
SSC CPO 2023- Physical Standard Test (PST)
Only those candidates, who have secured marks above the cut-off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I, will be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test/Medical Examination. Only those candidates, who qualify in PET/PST and are found medically fit, will be allowed to appear in SSC CPO Paper II.
Physical Standard Test for Male Candidates:
|100m race||16 seconds|
|1.6 km run||6.5 minutes|
|3.65m long jump||3 possibilities|
|1.2m high jump||3 possibilities|
|shot put (16 pounds)||4.5 m, 3 possibilities|
Physical Standard Test for Female Candidates:
|100m race||18 seconds|
|800m race||4 minutes|
|2.7 m (9 ft) long jump||3 possibilities|
|0.9 m (3 ft) high jump||3 possibilities|
SSC CPO 2023 – medical examination
- Candidates who qualify Paper 2 exam and appear for Medical Examination will be assessed by Medical Officers of CAPFs/Central/State Government Hospital or Dispensary.
- The candidates who have been declared ineligible are informed about the same. Within 15 days time, they can apply for review by the Medical Review Board.
- The decision of the Review Medical Board is considered final and no further appeal is entertained.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2023- Paper II
- The questions in SSC CPO Exam Paper 2 will be objective multiple choice type.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Subject||Maximum Marks/Questions||duration and time|
|English Language and Comprehension||200 Marks/200 Questions||2 hour|
SSC CPO Selection Process 2023- FAQs
Q1. What is the selection process for SSC CPO 2023?
Answer. The selection process for SSC CPO is described in the article above.
Q2. What is the mode of examination for both the written papers?
Answer. Both the SSC CPO written papers are conducted online and are objective based tests.