Skip to content

smart watch exploded on 4-year-old girl suffers 3-degree burns on hand and wrist knows Chinese story aaaq – News18

You’d think battery technology had evolved enough to consider battery explosions a thing of the past, then you’re wrong. Unfortunately, this is not the case for all types of devices, because so far we have only heard reports of battery explosions in smartphones, but now such news has come to the fore regarding smartwatches as well. A recent incident in which the battery of the smart watch exploded has returned to establish a new panic. The incident took place in China, when a four-year-old girl suffered a third-degree burn when her smartwatch exploded on her wrist.

The girl was taken to hospital, where she had to have a skin graft after the incident. The victim has been identified as Yiyi Huang from Quanzhou city in China’s Fujian province. According to Yahoo News Australia, the incident occurred earlier this month when Yee was playing with her younger cousin.

(Also read: Vivo’s beautiful 8GB RAM smartphone is getting super cheap, it’ll get a 32MP selfie camera)

Then her grandmother heard a loud crash followed by Yi’s scream. When she arrived to investigate, she noticed smoke coming from Yi’s wrist and soon realized that Yi’s smartwatch had exploded on her wrist. Due to the explosion, the skin on the back of her hand had suffered third-degree burns. Yi had to undergo a skin graft procedure.

Compensation is being negotiated.
Full details of the incident, including the name of the smartwatch manufacturer, have not yet been made public. Huang is said to be in talks with the producer about compensation for the incident. This incident is a shocking incident, reminding us how dangerous a battery can be in any worst case scenario.

(Also read: Battery drains fast, so change this phone setting today, work will be easy)

We have seen this type of incident in the past with many other devices. However, smartwatches haven’t really been a part of this list until now. As in this case based on several previous incidents, it is possible that the smartwatch battery exploded in a significant physical impact, an external force could damage the battery to the point of exploding. Of course, one can argue how a four-year-old was able to generate so much power, and why the smartwatch couldn’t handle it.

Tags: portable gadgets, Technology news

,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.