SBI PO Syllabus 2023
SBI PO Syllabus 2023: The time has come that SBI PO aspirants should step up their preparation with SBI PO Syllabus as SBI has released more than 2000 vacancies for SBI PO 2023 Recruitment. Here we have provided the Latest Revised SBI PO Syllabus for Prelims & Mains Exam. Aspirants preparing for SBI PO can get some guidance regarding SBI PO Syllabus. Every year lakhs of students apply for the post of PO in SBI which makes the competition tough and it becomes difficult to crack SBI PO exam. If you want to excel in SBI PO Exam, prepare according to the latest SBI PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern. This will help you in taking forward your preparation for SBI PO in the right direction.
selection to the post of SBI PO Based on 3 levels:
- preliminary examination
- main exam
- psychometric test
- final selection
SBI preliminary and main exam is conducted online only. Preliminary examination is the screening examination for selection of candidates for the main examination. It is mandatory to pass each test. Let’s look in detail SBI PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
SBI PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern – Overview
sbi po syllabus Almost same for prelims and mains exam. The main section has been modified only slightly by adding two additional sections General & Banking Awareness, However, the difficulty level SBI PO Mains paper is slightly more than Prelims.
|SBI PO Syllabus 203|
|examination conducting body||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
sbi po exam
|marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer in the online test|
|negative marking||1/4th of the marks assigned to the question in MCQs|
|mode of examination||Online for Paper I & Paper II|
|language of examination||English Or Hindi
English language paper has to be solved in English.
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims
SBI PO preliminary exam will be 3rd Section:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- english language
The time duration of SBI PO preliminary exam will be 1 Hour,
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2023: Prelims|
|Sl.No.||section||number of questions||maximum marks||time allotted
For each Examination
|1||english language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Highlights of SBI PO Prelims Exam
Following points are the main points of SBI PO Prelims Exam:
- There will be three sections.
- Category-wise merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in the preliminary examination.
- There No sectional cut-off, However, there will be an overall cut-off.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
SBI PO Syllabus for Prelims
The preliminary test of SBI PO exam consists of Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The complete details of headings and sub-headings of the sections asked in the preliminary exam of SBI PO exam are given below:
|logic||Quantitative Aptitude||english language|
|logical reasoning||simplification||reading comprehension|
|alphanumeric series||profit loss||cloze test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||mix and charge||para rumble|
|data adequacy||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surcharge & Index||miscellaneous|
|coded inequalities||working time||fill in the blanks|
|seating arrangement||time and distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Detection|
|puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||paragraph ending|
|make the table||data interpretation||vocabulary|
|syllogism||Ratio and Proportion, Percentage||sentence correction|
|blood relations||number system||word association|
|input Output||sequence and series||error detection|
|coding-decoding||Permutation, Combination and Probability||verbal ability|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Mains
Candidates who meet the required cut-off in SBI Prelims will be eligible to appear for the main examination. Changes have been made in the main section with increase in weightage of General Economy/Banking Awareness and the duration of the test will be 3 hours.
Descriptive exam is of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks, This examination is conducted to test the writing skills of the candidates through paper writing and essay writing.
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2023: Mains|
|Sl.No.||section||number of questions||maximum marks||time allotted
|1||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||40||50||50 minutes|
|2||General Economy/Banking Awareness||50||60||45 minutes|
|3||english language||35||40||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||50||45 minutes|
(Letter writing and Essay)
Highlights of SBI PO Mains Exam
The following points are the main points of SBI PO Mains Exam:
- All the questions will be objective in nature.
- This main paper will have four sections for a total of 200 marks.
- The duration of SBI PO Mains exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be different timings for each section in the objective test.
- There No sectional chopped off, There will be only overall cut-off.
- there will be a penalty of 0.25 marks For each incorrect multiple choice question.
- It is compulsory to solve descriptive paper of 50 marks.
note: descriptive A candidate’s paper will be examined only if he/she qualifies in the objective test as per the qualifying marks decided by the Bank.
SBI PO Syllabus for Mains Exam
The mains exam of SBI PO exam consists of 4 sections:
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness
- english language
- SBI PO Mains Syllabus includes the following descriptive test Too. The descriptive test consists of two questions, one letter writing and one essay, each of 25 marks and a total of 50 marks.
- To qualify the SBI PO Main Exam, candidates have to score passing marks in the Descriptive Exam also.
The complete syllabus is discussed below:
SBI PO Syllabus: Data Analysis
The following topics are covered under the Data Analysis section:
- tabular graph,
- line graph,
- pie chart,
- bar graph,
- radar graph case-late,
- Miss Case DI,
- Let’s DI this case,
- data sufficiency,
- permutations and combinations
SBI PO Syllabus: Reasoning
The following topics are covered under the Reasoning section:
- verbal reasoning,
- circular seating,
- linear seating,
- double lineup,
- input Output,
- blood relations,
- directions and distances,
- ordering and ranking,
- data sufficiency,
- coding and decoding,
- coded inequalities,
- a course of action,
- critical reasoning,
- analytical and decision making
SBI PO Syllabus: English Language
The following topics are included under the English language section:
- reading comprehension,
- verbal ability,
- word association,
- sentence correction,
- para jumbles,
- cloze test,
- error detection,
- fill in the blanks
SBI PO Syllabus: General Awareness/Economics/Banking Awareness
The following topics are covered under the Economy section:
- financial awareness
- current affairs
- Common Sense
- static awareness
- Banking and Financial Awareness
SBI PO Syllabus: Computer Aptitude
The following topics are covered under the Computer Aptitude section:
- keyboard shortcuts,
- computer abbreviation,
- Microsoft Office,
- computer hardware,
- computer software,
- Operating System,
- Computer Fundamentals/Terminology,
SBI PO Phase III
Psychometric Test- The Bank may conduct a psychometric test for personality profiling of the candidates who will be shortlisted for Phase-III. The findings of the test may be put before the interview panel to have an in-depth view on the candidates.
This is the final stage of selection for the successful candidates who qualify for the first two stages of SBI PO exam. Group discussion is of 20 marks while interview is of 30 marks.
- The total marks of all the candidates qualifying both the objective test and descriptive test will be arranged in descending order in each category.
- A prescribed number of candidates in each category will be called for Group Exercise and Interview as governed by the Bank.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion and Interview will be decided by the Bank.
SBI PO 2023 Final Selection
final score for sbi po exam The calculations are made keeping in mind the following points:
- Marks obtained in Preliminary Examination (Phase-1) will not be considered for selection
- To be eligible, candidates must qualify for Phase-2 and Phase-3 separately
- Marks secured by the candidates in SBI PO Mains Exam (out of 250 marks) is changed out of 75 and marks obtained in Group Exercise and Interview (out of 50 marks) are changed out of 25. This makes the new total score (Mains + GD/PI) 100.
- The total score out of 100 is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with top merit rank in each category are finally selected.
SBI PO Exam 2023: Preparation
Candidates appearing for SBI PO Exam 2023 must follow the preparation tips given below:
- To get success in SBI PO Exam 2023, one needs to practice as many mock test papers as possible. Regular practice helps you realize your mistakes and understand your performance.
- tour on Result-Sarkari.Com.com Get SBI PO Online Classes, Books, Videos, Mock Test Papers to become SBI PO.
- Plough sbi po previous year paper Can be very helpful for the candidates as well. Previous year papers will help the candidates to understand the exact exam pattern based on SBI PO syllabus for both preliminary and main examination.
- On Adda247.com, you can also find solved SBI PO Papers in Hindi.
- Candidates should also read newspapers, magazines to boost their communication and grammatical skills. This will also help in General Awareness, Descriptive Paper and Interview in SBI PO Exam.
SBI PO Syllabus 2023- Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the marking scheme for SBI PO Syllabus 2023?
Answer. There will be three sections: Prelims, Mains, GD and PI. Preliminary exam will be of 100 marks, Main exam will be of 250 marks including descriptive test while GD and PI will be of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
Q2. Is there negative marking in SBI PO 2023 exam?
Answer. Yes, 1/4th mark will be deducted as penalty from the marks given to that question for obtaining correct marks.
Q3. What is the structure of SBI PO Descriptive Exam?
Answer. Description The test is based on English language, in which the candidate has to write a paper and an essay for 50 marks.
Q4. What are the criteria for final selection as SBI PO?
Answer. Final selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in SBI PO Mains and GD & PI.
Q5. What type of subjects will be asked for SBI PO GD and PI?
Answer. The topics will include burning issues of national and international interest. The topics can be related to NPI, natural disaster, women empowerment, digitalization etc.
Q6. How can I prepare for SBI PO exam online?
Answer:, You can study online by visiting Result-Sarkari.Com.com You will also get video lectures, e-books, books and other materials.
sharing is Caring!