Jute Mark India (JMI) logo
That Indian government introduced certification of authenticity for jute products made in India. The Union Textile Secretary unveiled the logo “Jutemark India”. This project is an initiative too Protect and promote Indian jute products.
- That Jutemark India (JMI) will be a… Mark of jute products made in India.
- This certification is expected that expand the domestic market and Export of jute products made in india to other countries.
- The Jute Mark India will contain a unique piece QR code and when customers scan the code, they learn about the product.
- The promotion of jute and jute products in India is managed by National Jute Boardthat works under the Union Textile Ministry.
- Jute Mark India (JMI) was implemented during an ongoing program to develop and promote jute between FY’22 and FY’26. The total central government investment in this project was Rs. 485.58 million.
- The export of jute in the year 2020-2021 was value Rs. 2740 crore and the varied products made of jute were worth it Rs. 1261 million. This constitutes 46 percent of the total value of jute goods exports.
- in the 2021-2022the provisional export of jute goods was worthwhile Rs. 3785.68 crores.
UIDAI launched the mobile app “AadhaarFaceRd” to perform the Aadhaar face
National Jute Board
That National Jute Board is regulated by the National Jute Board Act 2008as drafted by Minister of Textiles, Government of India and enacted by Parliament on February 12, 2009. The board is working on it Researching and conducting human resources development programs to research and increase the use of jute in organized and decentralized sectors.
National Jute Board: Schemes
1. Jute-Improved Cultivation and Roasting Exercise (ICARE)
2. Jute diversification scheme
- Jute Resources With Production Center (JRCPC)
- Jute Raw Materials Bank (JRMB)
- Jute Retail Stores (JRO)
- Jute Design Resource Center (JDRC)
- Jute Products Diversification Program (JPDS)
- Production Linked Incentive Support on JDPs (PLI)
- Capital Subsidy Scheme for Acquisition of Plant and Machinery (CSAPM)
3. Market Development and Promotion (MDP)
- Domestic Market Promotion Activities (DMPA)
- Export Market Promotion Activities (EMPA)
- Jute Mark Logo Program