Skip to content

India will have 122 unicorns in 25 cities in the next 2-4 years

According to a report by Hurun Research Institute titled Hurun India Future Unicorn Index 2022, India is expected to have 122 new unicorns in the following 2-4 years. The combined value of these potential unicorns is currently $49 billion. When a startup is valued $1 billionit counts as a unicorn.

IMPORTANT POINTS:

  • The city of Bengaluruwhich currently has 33 unicorns will receive 46 new additions followed by Delhi NCR at 25, Bombay at 16, Chennai at 5 and Pune with 3 Bengaluru currently has the most unicorns in the country. The remaining unicorns are expected to appear in 20 more cities.
  • Tiger Global has invested in 27 of these potential unicorns, followed by the international venture capital firm Sequoia Capitalwhich has invested in 39 of them.
  • The majority of these budding unicorns were formed in 2015.

About the survey:

  • The survey states that 63% of these companies were focused on consumer-facing businesses, while the remaining 37% were among the Business to Business (B2B) Industry that provides services to the financial services, logistics, healthcare and education sectors.
  • The report categorized would-be unicorns into three groups: gazellesthe startups most likely to become unicorns in the next two years, and cheetahsthese are startups with the potential to become unicorns in the next four years.
  • It has been claimed that the pandemic has accelerated the rise of startups.
  • Experts claim that a record 44 unicorns have emerged in 2021, making India the third largest startup ecosystem in the world.
  • In addition, the experts noted that there are now 65 percent more unicorns, 51 percent more gazelles, and 71 percent more cheetahs in the nation.
  • According to the report’s findings, product and market fit will continue to motivate Indian companies.

More national news can be found hereIndia will have 122 unicorns in 25 cities in the next 2-4 years_50.1

.

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.