At the renowned Diamond League competition in Stockholm Olympic Master of Javelin Throwing Neeraj Chopra won his first-ever medal after breaking his own national mark twice in one month Stockholm Diamond League.
- Anderson PetersThe reigning world champion won the competition with a best throw of 90.31 meters.
- Chopra beat his own national record of 89.30 m, which he set earlier this month Paavo Nurmi games in Turku.
- Chopra’s biggest competition before the World Championships in Eugene, United States of Americanext month is the prestigious one-day meeting in the Swedish capital.
- Chopra is the first Indian to take home an Olympic gold medal in athletics.
About the Diamond League competition:
- That Diamond League is an annual collection of the top fourteen invitational athletics meetings for track and field competitions.
- That World Athletics (formerly known as IAAF) One-day meeting competitions place the series at the top of the standings.
- The first season started in 2010.
More sports news can be found here