IBPS PO Notification 2023
IBPS PO 2023: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is going to release the IBPS PO 2023 Notification for the post of Probationary Officer in various Public Sector Banks across India. The number of vacancies for the IBPS PO 2023 will be released soon by the IBPS on its website. Candidates can check the IBPS PO 2023 Exam details. The IBPS PO Apply Online will begin in August 2023 and the IBPS PO 2023 Prelims exam will be conducted on the 23rd and 30th of September and 1st of October 2023. The IBPS PO Mains exam will be conducted on 5th November 2023. Check out the IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Salary, and download the Notification PDF here.
IBPS PO Notification 2023- Overview
All the essential details of IBPS PO 2023 are released along with the IBPS PO Notification 2023 on the official website. Check out the highlights of the IBPS PO 2023 from the table mentioned below:
The IBPS PO Notification 2023 PDF will be released on the website of IBPS @ibps.in. The candidates will be able to download the IBPS PO Notification from the link below. The IBPS PO 2023 Notification contains all the details regarding the IBPS online application process, eligibility criteria, and the number of vacancies.
IBPS PO Notification 2023 PDF (Download Link)
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Date
IBPS PO 2023 Apply Online
The online registration process to apply for IBPS PO 2023 will start in August 2023 after the release of the IBPS PO 2023 Notification on the official website of IBPS. The candidates have to upload IBPS PO handwritten declaration for applying online. Candidates can click on the activated link below to apply online for IBPS PO 2023. The IBPS PO Application Link will be activated soon in August 2023.
IBPS PO 2023 Apply Online (Link Inactive)
IBPS PO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate who wants to appear for the upcoming IBPS PO exam should check that they fulfill the criteria required. Also, consider the age relaxation provided for the IBPS PO examination in the notification of IBPS PO. The candidates will be selected through Prelims, Mains, and Interview rounds conducted by IBPS for the recruitment of the IBPS PO 2023 Exam.
IBPS PO Nationality
The applicant for applying for the IBPS PO exam could be:
- A Citizen of India
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing in India permanently.
IBPS PO Educational Qualification
Applicants applying for IBPS PO 2023 should have the following educational qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having a degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, or Accountancy;
- Proficiency in the local language as prescribed by the participating RRBs
- Knowledge of Computers
IBPS PO Age Limit
- For Officer Scale- III (Senior Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 40 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1983 and later than 31.05.2002 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale-II (Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 32 years i.e. candidate should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1991 and later than 31.05.2002 (both dates inclusive)
- For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)- Above 18 years – Below 30 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1993 and later than 31.05.2005 (both dates inclusive)
Check the age relaxation criteria for the various categories below.
|Scheduled Caste||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Class- Non-creamy layer||3 years|
|Person with disability||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers (including Emergency Commissioned Officers, and Short Service Commissioned Officers) who served more than 5 years and resigned at the conclusion of the assigned project.||5 years|
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the J&K from January 1st, 1980 to December 31, 1989||5 years|
|Candidates affected by the 1984 riots||5 years|
IBPS PO 2023 Application Fees
The application fee provided below for IBPS PO is to be paid by the candidates while applying online for IBPS PO 2023. Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges for the IBPS PO exam will have to be borne by the candidate.
|SC/ST/PWBD||Intimation Charges only||₹ 175/-|
|GEN/OBC/EWSs||Application fees including intimation charges||₹ 850/-|
IBPS PO 2023 Selection Process
The candidates will be appointed on the basis of their performance in the three stages of the IBPS PO Exam 2023. There are three stages of the IBPS PO Exam.
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
In order to get selected for the IBPS PO, the candidates will have to score a section cut-off as well as an overall cut-off. The selection process of the IBPS PO exam requires the qualification of each stage in order to get finally selected for the IBPS PO exam 2023. The prelims round of the IBPS PO exam is qualifying while the mains exam of IBPS PO requires the minimum cut-off marks to appear for the interview round.
IBPS PO 2023 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of IBPS PO the detail of the examination covering the question type, sections of the exam, duration of the exam, and the number of questions asked. The IBPS PO Exam consists of three stages:
|Stage||Marks||Type of Questions|
|Final||200 + 25||Objective (MCQ)
Except for English Descriptive Paper
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The prelims exam of IBPS PO consists of a total of 100 questions with a time duration of 60 minutes.
- The question type remains Multiple Choice questions.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in the exam for each wrong answer.
- This round of IBPS PO exams is only qualifying in nature.
|S.No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
The questions type of the IBPS PO Mains exam is again Multiple Choice with a slightly higher difficulty level. The Number of questions and the duration of the exam is higher. There is a negative marking of 0.25 in the IBPS PO main exam for every incorrect answer. Refer to the table for a brief IBPS PO Exam pattern for the main.
|S.No.||Section Name||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
IBPS PO Interview
The interview is the final stage of the IBPS PO Exam.
- Candidates qualifying with good marks in the Prelims and Mains of the IBPS PO exam will finally be appearing for the interview process.
- The interview round of the IBPS PO exam is 100 marks.
- The final score obtained by candidates in the IBPS PO exam is calculated by IBPS with the weightage of marks given to the main examination and interview ratio of 80:20 respectively.
IBPS PO Syllabus
The syllabus of the IBPS PO Exam consists of a general test of the candidate for their logical and general knowledge. An extensive range of topics is covered in the syllabus for an IBPS PO (probationary officer) exam. These topics are broadly classified as Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. The syllabus of each phase of the exam is different in the aspects of its difficulty level.
The topics are described below:
This section of the exam comprises questions that a candidate can relate to as per his thinking in a logical manner. Refer to the given topics:
- Seating Arrangement
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test
- Data sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
2. Quantitative Aptitude
Also known as Quant, consists of the mathematical/ numerical ability of the candidate up to a basic level(school level). The topics include:
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Sequence & Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Permutation & Combination
3. General Awareness (GA)
GA questions are for the testing of knowledge of the current worldly knowledge possessed by the candidates and how much he/she is updated about them. Check the following topics for IBPS PO GK Syllabus:
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Static GK
IBPS PO 2023 Salary Structure
Salary holds a lot of importance in the life of an IBPS PO candidate. With high perks and bonuses, a candidate gets lured to the given post. Hence, the pay scale, structure of salary, in-hand salary, perks, and profile of the job is a piece of important information.
IBPS Bank PO Salary Structure in India is as follows: Basic Pay is Rs. 36,000, Special Allowance is Rs. 5,904 Dearness Allowance is Rs. 8,593.20 CCA is Rs. 1,400, Learning Allowances Rs. 600, DA is Rs. 1,552.50, Housing Rent Allowance is Rs. 3,240, Gross Salary is Rs. 57,289.70 and Deduction (Tax & NPS)is Rs. 4,659.32, and Net Salary salary adding all the above is Rs. 52,630.38
IBPS PO 2023 Admit Card
The call letter is an important document for the entry of candidates into the exam hall. Without it, candidates are not permitted to give the exam. The candidates can download the IBPS PO Admit Card 2023 from the official website or by clicking on the direct download button below approximately 15 days prior to the exam.
IBPS PO Exam Centre
A separate call letter is issued to the candidates for this pre-exam training that is conducted in various centers across India. The list of centers included are:
|North India||South India||East India||West India|
IBPS PO Cut Off
Cut Off is the minimum mark that is required by any candidate to score in order to be shortlisted to appear for the Interview and thereafter for the final recruitment.
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum cut-off score in each test of the IBPS Main examination online and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for an interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, IBPS PO cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for IBPS interviews.
- The final appointment will be made on the basis of the marks secured in the IBPS PO Mains Exam and the scores obtained in the Interview.
- Prior to the completion of the IBPS interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
Given below are the IBPS PO cut-off marks for the preliminary exam 2022-23.
|IBPS PO Prelims Cut Off 2022-23 (Category-wise)
How to Prepare for IBPS PO 2023?
- Every year, lakhs of candidates apply and get recruited for government jobs including Banking, which forms a crucial part of the government exams.
- There are some govt organizations that conduct exams annually, bi-annually, and sometimes more. To prepare for a Bank Exam, especially IBPS PO, one has to be aware of all the vacancies that are released.
- The next step should be to know about the previous year’s trend of the questions asked along with the exam pattern of the particular exam.
- Make a list of topics for the exam you’re appearing for, using the syllabus. After this, you must list the topics you must devote time to in decreasing order.
- With this, you can divide your time schedule in order to inculcate topics daily. Try making a checklist while you are studying.
- Preparation should involve completing all the tasks (topics) in a complete manner, wherein at the end, you are able to answer all types of questions of each level. The difficulty level of the exam needs to be covered too.
- You should also know that your confidence will be answering most of your problems. Don’t lose hope when you’re stuck or when you are taking too much time to complete a topic. Be positive and stay focused.