IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023: IBPS PO Exam Pattern is going to help candidates to prepare well for the IBPS PO Examination. To ace the upcoming IBPS PO Exam 2023, it is necessary to remain acquainted with the new IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023. The IBPS PO exam is one of the most competitive examinations in India. Over the past few years, the number of applicants for the Probationary Officers exam has massively increased. This article explains the IBPS PO Exam Pattern elaborately. Read further to know details of the type of questions, the number of questions, and other important details of the exam.
Also Read: IBPS PO Notification 2023
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Exam Pattern: The IBPS PO is an important exam that every aspirant wants to clear and get entered the Banking Industry. The IBPS PO is an important exam that aspirants want to clear for entry into the Banking sector. Every year lakhs of candidates register for this competitive exam. The exam pattern of IBPS PO has been released along with the official notification of the IBPS PO 2023 on the official website of IBPS i.e. @ibps.in. IBPS PO is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection to select eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer. To ace the upcoming IBPS Clerk Exam, it is necessary to have knowledge of the latest IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern. With the release of the Official Notification, the Recruitment Process of IBPS PO start, and the exact exam pattern will be released.
The recruitment process to select the Probations Officer through IBPS PO 2023 is done in three phases:
- Online Preliminary Exam,
- Online Mains Exam and
|IBPS PO Exam||Question Paper||Marks|
|Mains Exam||Objective/ Descriptive||225|
|Interview||Personal Interview Round||100|
A candidate must qualify for both the preliminary exam and the mains exam to proceed to the interview round. The candidates selected after the interview round are given the appointment letter.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern – Important Points
Candidates can check important points of the IBPS PO Exam Pattern of Prelims & Mains.
- The Prelims Exam of Probationary Officer asks questions on English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning. The elaborated Prelims exam pattern is given in the table.
- The Mains Examination will have a different exam pattern, just one additional section, i.e. of Current Affairs and Basic Computer Proficiency.
- According to the IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2023, Only three sections will be asked in the Preliminary Exam of the IBPS PO 2023 Exam.
- The score of the Preliminary Exam will not be taken into consideration for the final selection. The cumulative score of the Mains Exam and Interview process in the ratio of 80:20 will be taken into consideration for final allotment.
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern
1. A negative marking of 0.25 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
2. Candidates have around 60 minutes to complete their prelims paper.
3. The IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern consists of objective-type questions comprising 100 questions divided into three sections. The sections are:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
Candidates can check the elaborated IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern in the below table:
Note:- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. The adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify for the IBPS PO Prelims by clearing the sectional, as well as the overall cut-off, are called for the IBPS Mains exam, which is both qualifyings as well as the scoring exam of the IBPS PO recruitment. Candidates can check the IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern in the table below:
- No separate paper will be conducted for Computer Applications. The reasoning is teamed up with the Computer Aptitude section and this entire section will contain 45 questions for a total of 60 marks.
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The overall time allotted for IBPS PO 2023 Mains Objective Exam has also been changed from 140 minutes to 180 minutes plus 30 minutes for the descriptive test.
- In total, the time for IBPS PO Mains is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
|S. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Examination||Time Allotted|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
(Section A and Section B)
|45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
(Section A and Section B)
|35||40||English only||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Interpretation
(Section A and Section B)
|35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|4||General, Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
|Total||157||225||3 hours 30 minutes|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern, Interview Process
After the IBPS PO Mains exam, qualified candidates are called for a Personal Interview. A personal Interview comprises a good value for the final selection of IBPS PO. Candidates need to do well in IBPS PO Interview. The Interview Process will constitute 100 marks. Check the minimum qualifying percentage.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentage|
There is no defined exam pattern for the inter-process, as the Interviewer can ask questions about your Personnel Life, Education Qualification, College Life, Academic Life, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Decision Making, any Unwanted/Special Situation, etc.
Candidates can check the IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2023 by clicking on the button given below.
IBPS PO Final Selection
The final selection for the IBPS PO will be made on the basis of the Mains and Interview process. The weightage of both these phases of examination will be in the ratio 80:20 respectively. A merit list will be generated after the Interview Process of the IBPS PO 2023 Exam has been conducted.